What Is the Importance of Buying a Dash Camera?

You might be an excellent driver with zero records of any accident or fine. This statement doesn’t mean that an accident might never occur to you. It’s just a matter of seconds and the stupidity of another person when you fall in an accident. I had my car drive through another car’s door while I was going on a lane I’m supposed to be on and under the speed limit. This accident didn’t occur because of my mistake and I had the video to prove it. Do you?

This is just an example of my accident. Unlike this story, there are a thousand people in the U.S. right now who are driving recklessly or emotionally without them noticing it. If you face such a problem, a Dash Camera will be there to save you from being sued or conned.

Each one of us has faced a close encounter with such situations. You can become a victim of a road rage, con artist and a close encounter with an accident any time of the day. A dash camera will be there to prove that it wasn’t your fault.

Let’s get to know a little more about a dash camera

`. You can drive without hesitation and a worry of a misfortune taking place. They also have an inbuilt GPS system that will let you locate your car any time of the day.

The auxiliary port that uses to charge up your lighter, you can plug in the dash cam. The power from it is enough to run this machine. You can put it up on your dashboard or on your rear view camera or on your car’s windshield. People usually place it in a discreet place where it’s not easily visible. This way your camera will be safe from anyone who would try to access your car.

99
The features of this little device are really amazing. As you go through all the dashcams which are popular among the people using it, you will see how much they differ. Some have higher resolution camera, wide angle view and some doesn’t even require a power source. They record continuously and records while your car is parked. This way your car is safe from any mishap that is likely to take place when you park your car.

They are not too much costly and some are so inexpensive that you will ask yourself why you would need it. That is when you are going to look for this article. There are criminals out there who will fall on your car when you suddenly break and you didn’t even touch them.

Just so that they can sue you. The dashcams will record both front and back and will provide you the evidence to hand over to the police. People are always trying to scam the insurance company by simply bumping into your car. You can stop insurance frauds from doing such stuff. In a sentence, a dashcam is a perfect addition to your car. Don’t fall in the traps anymore!

You May Also Like to Read:

Car Dash Camera Review

A car back up camera is a particular camera placed at the rear of the vehicle and attached to a display placed on the dashboard or anywhere in the front panel. The main purpose of having one on your car is to avoid a collision while reversing or parking your vehicle.

The design of a backup camera is distinct from other cameras in that the image is horizontally flipped so that the output is a mirror image. This is necessary because the camera and the driver face opposite directions, and without it, the camera’s right would be on the driver’s left and vice versa

Now everyone is pretty much familiar with it, as it is a very old concept which facilitates you’re driving. Now there is a wide variation of the camera in the market enough to make you confused to pick the right one for you. So it would be always wise to go through some reviews to grab the best value for money deal for your car.

Following are the reviews on some most prospective car backup cameras which we have come across.

RVS-770613 Video Camera with 7.0-Inch LCD (Black)

This one comes with a 7.0 inch LCD display so if you don’t have any on your car it will fill up the blank. The camera is weather proof infra-red. The 18 infra-red light would give you a clear vision up to 50 feet even in the darkest night. The back camera has an IP 68 rating which is a sign of a guarantee on their claim of weather proof.

Rear View Safety RVS-770613 Video Camera with 7.0-Inch LCD

The whole package comes with a 20-meter cable with aircraft grade connection and all the other component necessary for installation.

>> Check Price and Customer feedback on Amazon >>

The camera itself is made of heavy duty zinc metal for encasing the 2.1 mm sharp lens. It has a viewing angle of 130 degrees and 480 TV lines, which means you get the best quality image with no blind spots.

The display has a resolution of 480P and comes with built-in speaker and with a remote for a better controllability.

Bushnell 8MP Trophy Cam HD Trail Camera with Night Vision:

This is a beast. It offers almost everything that you can expect from a camera. It comes with an 8MP camera which can capture image and record video at 720P with audio. It has used passive infra-red motion sensor which enables you to see up to 60 with a clear view. It gives you the opportunity to get the clearest image and a 32GB memory card to save them.

Bushnell 8MP Trophy Cam HD Trail Camera with Night Vision

Another attractive feature of this camera is its night vision capability. It has 32 LEDs which function as a powerful flash giving you a reach of 60 feet of visibility during darkest of the night. Field Scan 2x allows the set-up of two windows of image capture without requiring the normal movement trigger. The picture shows date time and temperature.

>> Check Price and Customer feedback on Amazon >>

The camera can be set to operate during the day or night only, or 24 hours (equipped with day/night auto sensor). Also, Field Scan time-lapse mode takes images at pre-set intervals. The camera will take photos or video clips automatically at your choice of intervals, without requiring the normal movement trigger. Field Scan 2x allows the user to set-up two windows of image capture, useful for capturing time-lapse at dusk and dawn.

page
It comes in a camouflaged outlook which gives you the provision to hide the camera or make it look like there’s nothing at the back. This is particularly important when the camera design doesn’t go well along with your car. This is another best-rated product on amazon.

Genius DVR-HD 500D Digital Video HD Recorder for Vehicle, Dash Camera with Dual Lens for Both Front and Back:

This is another product to look at. This particular product comes with front facing and back facing camera enabling you to get both the view. It comes with a 2.7-inch display which you can either set on the dashboard with suction cup or on top of the windshield with adhesive tape. It gives you a little liberty on a customized display setup.

Genius DVR-HD 500D Digital Video HD Recorder for Vehicle

The camera has a 130-degree rotation capacity which provides you with widest of angle for the viewing purpose. One of the main problems with these cameras especially the one which doesn’t come with a night vision is the performance lag in low light. As it doesn’t come with night vision the manufacturer has installed a built-in IR light making it capable of providing the best image in low light settings.

>> Check Price and Customer feedback on Amazon >>

The camera can record at 720P at 30FPS. It doesn’t come with an SD card so you have to buy one for elongated video duration. It comes with a 1-year warranty.

I-Max 4.3″ Built-in Monitor Car Rear View

This is another hot deal. It comes with 4.3″ High-Definition LCD Anti-Glare Mirror Monitor with Auto-adjusting brightness. It has a Compact design with touch button on the right of screen, original factory style look, Smaller than the usual mirror and suitable for small cars.

I-Max 4.3" Built-in Monitor Car Rear View

It does not occupy too much space and broaden the driver’s sight, easy to operate and safe to driving.
It has got Two Video Inputs and Easy to install, factory looks and quality, original feel bracket for most cars, especially perfect fit for the smaller cars.

>> Check Price and Customer feedback on Amazon >>

 

Pyle PLCM7500 Car Vehicle Backup Camera & Monitor:

This is one the most wished product on amazon. And the product actually has the charm to become the wish object of so many people. This is an awesome video monitor/backup camera kit from Pyle. The kit includes a waterproof, low-light-vision equipped, universal mount color rear view camera and suction cup mount screen for the inside of your car. The camera outputs crystal clear video over an RCA jack – even in the relatively low light.

I-Max 4.3" Built-in Monitor Car Rear View

The 7″ LCD monitor detects when you back up and shows the camera on screen. Perfect for backing into tight spots or moving in reverse when visibility is limited – it’s like having an extra eye.

>> Check Price and Customer feedback on Amazon >>

It’s also equipped with a distance line mode to show you how far away you are from other objects in the camera’s viewfinder. And with two video inputs, you can even use the monitor to watch DVDs or video from any other source that outputs composite video. Includes video and power cables, wireless remote control for the monitor, and instructions for mounting.

You May Also Like to Read:

Save

A Buyer’s Guide to Car in-dash Camera

We used to see a lot of videos on televisions about police car chases. Recently, a wave of funny and accident videos have been uploaded and seen on YouTube. It’s all because of the dashcams. The dashboard cameras were used by police only. But as technology developed and the price of them dropped, car in-dash cameras have been at the peak of its sales.

A Buyer’s Guide to Car in-dash Camera

In most developed countries, the car in-dash camera is popular because of the affordability and insurance policies. Insurance companies now use it to justify the need for insurance from the footages of the video. Higher resolution car in-dash cameras are now as cheap as they can get.

We all have looked up online to get to know the product before we buy them. It’s important to know what you are buying and what value for money you are getting. We have reviewed multiple dashcams and know what to look for in the market. So we are here to help you guide through the process of buying a dashboard camera.

What’s a dashcam?

Dashboard cameras, also known as dashcams and DVR’s, are the camera that is installed on your dashboard to record the footages of the road while you drive. Though most dashboard cameras are mounted on top of the windshield or behind your rearview mirrors, where it is almost invisible to see, it’s named dashboard cameras because it used to be on dashboards.

Dashcams are the smarter version of your regular cameras. It has motion detectors built-in and has a wide viewing angle. It’s more like an action camera for your car.

Why buy a dashboard camera?

You may have seen all the videos on youtube about funny car accidents; meteor falls in Russia, car chases and examples of road rages. These are NOT the main reason why you should buy a dashboard camera.

Dashboard cameras are there for security reasons. You will have legal evidence and police can use it for investigation.

It’s like a security camera for you and is not meant to have a video of your memories. These dashboard cameras are not taken into account until an incident takes place. Just imagine this, you are driving safely and peacefully when suddenly, out of nowhere a car stops in the middle of the road and you bumped into him. He can’t file a case against you because you have a proof that it wasn’t your fault.

In many countries, it’s a must use for the drivers to use a dashcam if they have insurance. You can install it on your own if you feel the need for it. It will help you claim your insurance without having the hassle of having a file of insurance fraud against you.

The car dashboard camera will also help you if someone damages your car. You will have an evidence of it even if you weren’t there. You can identify the person or you can hand over the footage to police for further investigation or proof that it wasn’t you. You will also have footage if someone steals your car and misuses it.

What to look for in a dashcam?

Night Vision Dashboard Camera Ambarella A7LA50 Car Security

Judging from many aspects and features, you have to pick up a dashcam. There are many popular brands and they offer different features. The basic of a camera is always there just with different sort of quality.

So here’s a few priority features and basic stuff to look for in a dashcam when you will be buying one.

  • Video quality

Different cameras offer a different kind of video quality. And it’s the main priority when you look for features. You need to find a dashcam that offers a higher resolution with faster frame shots per second also known as FPS.

If you go through the really cheap ones, you will be disappointed to find the video quality. Here are few pointers to find the camera with the best resolution and the one that suits your choice.

  • Look for the sample videos on youtube or any video sharing websites. Watch it with the full screen to find the true resolution of the video quality.
  • Go through the sample videos or the recorded videos of night time videos. Most cameras perform really badly in the night time. The grains will make the descriptions disappear. So look for a camera with lower grains in the video.
  • Note that the viewing angle will play a large role while recording the clip. Recording at a higher resolution may hamper the large viewing angle.
  • Disguise

Dashcams are better if they are well hiding. The more discreet the camera the better for you. For security purposes and other reasons. If it is visible while you drive, it can distract you. And the visible dashcam will not be a good addition if it makes your dashboard look bad.

Another thing that you should take into account is the color and size. Discreetness comes from both color, size and installation place. If your car is black then you need a black dashcam to hide it properly. Depending on the color of your interior you should pick up a dashcam.

  • Battery

The battery is one of the main things that will go wrong with your dashcam. If your dashcam runs out of battery while you are in the middle of driving, it will stop recording. It’s one of the main reason of the overheat damages. In hotter countries, the battery will run hot and can cause technical problems.

In hotter countries, a camera with the higher ability to withstand the heat will be greatly useful and will be safe to use.

  • Number of cameras

There is a lot of dashcams with single cameras. But you will also find some that records both front and rear. Meaning the dashcam that has the camera on both sides of it. It will record your driving and the driver. This will be useful in many cases of theft and robbery. Cops can use it as evidence while filing your case.

  • Memory and processor

Your dashcam should be able to record video continuously and shouldn’t stop because of a speed bump or a hard brake. If the memory slot has low capacity and doesn’t delete the old footages to save new footages, it’s not a standard dashboard camera.

Reliability depends on the video quality. If it records blurry images, burns or hangs then it’s a really bad camera. Having a good processor and memory is the second thing you should bear in mind after video quality. The Bigger processor means faster recording and saving. The lens and CMOS processor should be inside it for better recordings.

There are many features that different company offers on their dashcams. Don’t fall into their trap and be wise before you make a decision. They will offer stuff like LED light on the car in-dashcam, which promises better quality night vision.

In reality, it doesn’t. Also, look for cameras with longer wire connection for better placement of installation. Most importantly, don’t buy rip-offs or secondhand cameras, as the electronics inside it can be damaged and you wouldn’t even know. Buy from authorized vendors and reliable brand retail stores. Happy shopping and drive safely!

You May Also Like to Read: